I would like to introduce my company, EcoGrit, and the product we have to offer, EcoGrit Concentrate. We are able to keep schools and businesses open safely throughout the winter months without doing damage to the grounds or building, a risk to the children (rock salt) or bringing mess inside the school.
Weather patterns are changing and we need to change our practices along with them. We as a country have made some bold commitments in reducing CO2 output and what that means is that our winters are going to get colder (worse). Conventional gritting methods and products only work to -6C whereas at this point deicing and rock salt freeze along with the ground making it dangerous.
Our product EcoGrit Concentrate works safely to -20C and is non-corrosive, unlike rock salts which destroy everything they come into contact with (potholes in roads & car parks, the environment, wildlife, plants etc). EcoGrit Concentrate has no restrictions (COSHH), in handling and storing. It can be used in the most delicate of environments and is even non-harmful if ingested, although we don’t recommend eating it.
EcoGrit Concentrate has been specifically designed for the coming weather changes and to tick all the right boxes.
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly even in large amounts.
- Plant and garden-friendly, so it won’t damage your playing fields
- Non-corrosive, it won’t damage your car park, walkways or playgrounds and can be used around pets
- Natural rust inhibitor so no metalwork is damaged over the winter in fact metal that comes in contact with EGC is actually protected from the elements.
- Works to -20C meaning that it can’t re-freeze so it doesn’t need putting down daily saving you time, effort and money.
- It is a concentrate so less product is needed compared to deicing & rock salts.
- It is granular, it breaks down so fine that mess can’t be walked into buildings saving cleaners a lot of time and effort.
- Great Rock salt alternative
- It is soluble so it can be mixed with water to create a spray that can be used anywhere that you don’t want freezing up.
We supply it in either a 5 kg bucket, with each containing a scoop for application (coverage 350m2) and these can be bought in any amount (up to 100 on a pallet) delivered, or we supply loose in a 1-tonne bag that closes. We recommend this so that then the teachers would be able to keep some in their vehicles in a container to be used at home, just to make sure their car doesn’t get iced in, and they can make it into work.
Whatever product isn’t used one winter, will safely store in the dry from year to year. We also allow schools to purchase at the end of winter (March) to help balance their budgets. We can hold the stock for them until they are ready to receive it the following winter.
The product can be purchased directly from our website, just set up an account for your school. You can also connect with me via LinkedIn with any questions and we have the usual media channels of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Times are changing and we need to adapt. EcoGrit Concentrate will help people to do that without too many problems. For any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our safety data sheet is available on our website. https://ecogrit.co.uk/
We look forward to helping you keep your school open and your pupils & staff safe.
Check out the range of Ice melt products Ecogrit has on offer: